One Big Family, One Great School
St Patrick’s Primary School and Nursery Class is a community of faith and a family of learners. We set high expectations of behaviour and effort, and we work closely with parents, parish and partners to guide and support our children in their educational and spiritual journey – fostering a love of learning and preparing them for the future. We respect the rights of all members of our community and promote children’s rights from the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) throughout the school.
We strive to promote a caring and respectful ethos, recognising each person as an individual and encourage all members of the school community to treat others as they would like to be treated. We focus on the Gospel Values which are central to our Catholic faith and determine how we should try to live.
We encourage our pupils and staff to work hard in order to be the best they can be and we work together to provide a stimulating and appropriately challenging curriculum.
We continually strive to:
- Provide a safe, welcoming, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels they make a contribution and are valued and respected as individuals (UNCRC Article 24)
- Show respect to everyone within our school and the wider community – treating others the way we would like to be treated(UNCRC Article 1)
- Work in partnership with home, school and parish to promote the Gospel Values of Love, Tolerance, Kindness, Truth, Gentleness and Forgiveness (UNCRC Article 14)
- Provide a stimulating and relevant curriculum which offers the appropriate level of support and challenge and will enable all our children to become confident, responsible citizens who can make an effective contribution to society (UNCRC Article 23,28)
- Motivate our pupils to be the best they can be – socially, academically, spiritually and emotionally, developing their individual gifts and abilities (UNCRC Article 29)
- Recognise and celebrate all achievements (UNCRC Article 29)
Article 24 – Right to health
Article 1 – All children have the same rights
Article 14 – Right to practise our religion
Article 23 – Children with disabilities should receive special care and support
Article 29 – Goals of Education
This Vision statement and set of Values was finalised recently following consultation with parents, pupils and staff.